MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND SOCIAL SECURITYINTEGRATED SOCIAL PROTECTION AND LABOUR PROGRAMMEIDB LOAN 2889/OC-JAREQUEST FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES Individual Consultants are being invited to submit Letters of Interest and full Curriculum Vitae, for the provision of technical consultancy services for any of the under mentioned consultancies.
- CONSULTANTANCY TO MANAGE THE ROLL OUT OF THE MONITORING & MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (SFP_MMIS) OF THE SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMME
The School Feeding Management and Monitoring Information System (SFP_MMIS) is a web based system developed to decentralize certain functions currently performed by the School Feeding Unit (SFU) of the Ministry of Education for greater efficiency. The SFP_MMIS was developed with the support of the Inter-American Development Bank Technical Corporation project: Modernizing the School Feeding Programme. This enterprise based cloud solution consists of several modules designed to address the inefficiencies of the current system and provide real time monitoring information on beneficiaries. The modules were developed to capture data on attendance, budgeting, distribution of benefits and filing of returns by schools, as well as basic inventory management and monitoring to assist with potential beneficiaries’ targeting.
The SFP_MMIS was piloted in 88 selected schools from Region 6 in the parishes of Clarendon and St. Catherine. The current intention is to rollout the system to 545 schools in three educational regions which include the parishes of Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston, St. Andrew, St. Thomas, Portland and St. Mary. CONSULTANCY OBJECTIVES
The general objectives of the consultancy is to manage the roll out of the School Feeding Management and Monitoring Information System (SFP_MMIS) in the parishes of Kingston & St. Andrew (Region 1); St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas (Region 2); and St. Catherine and Clarendon (Region 6).
The specific objectives of the consultancy are to:
(i) Effectively manage and coordinate the activities carried out by the SFP_MMIS coordinators and school personnel in Regions 1, 2 and 6.
(ii) Provide training and support to coordinators, school personnel and regional staff in educational Regions 1, 2 and 6 to facilitate the effective use of the SFP_MMIS. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Completed at least a Master’s degree in Social Science, or related discipline;
· Minimum three years working in a management position;
· Minimum three years general experience with Information Systems and Databases;
· Exhibit demonstrable knowledge of undertaking research and project planning, implementation and monitoring;
· Minimum five years of general experience with Information Systems;
· Experience conducting training sessions and knowledge of the education system would be an asset;
- CONSULTANT – SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMME – MMIS PILOT COORDINATORS
1. To coordinate the activities of the School Feeding Programme Management and Monitoring Information System (SFP_MMIS) in one of the participating parishes –(Clarendon, St Catherine, Kingston, St. Andrew, St. Thomas, Portland and St. Mary)
2. To provide training and support to schools in one parish to facilitate the effective use of the SFP_MMIS.
3. To manage the flow of school feeding data through the effective use and integration of the SFP_MMIS.
4. To undertake evaluation activities relevant to the SFP_MMIS Pilot in one parish. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· At least a BSc. in Management, Information Technology or related disciplines
· Minimum of three years of general experience with Information Systems and Databases
· Experience conducting training sessions and knowledge of the education system would be an asset. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF THE JOB
· Required to travel within the parish
· Exposure to highly confidential information
· Required to perform repetitive tasks over extended periods at times
· Required to demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Responses should be submitted in hard copy or via e-mail no later than the close of business Monday August 17, 2012
to the attention of: The Procurement ManagerMinistry of Labour and Social Security14 National Heroes CircleKingston 4Telephone: 876-967-0420E-mail: email@example.com